Things to do
Be ready to get wet!
With over 12,500 acreas of sparkling water to play in, there's plenty to do for boaters, skiiers, swimmers, fishermen or those who just want to enjoy Glendo Lake from the shore.
Take to the trails!
Hike in Medicine Bow National Forest, Explore the Oregon Trail Ruts, or go Rock Hunting or Sightseeing in the mountains, canyons and rolling plains. Grab your camera--you're bound to see some scenery you'll want to take home with you.
Relax, Kick-back, and Enjoy!
After a full day of playing outside, check out the summertime events in nearby Glendo, or go into town for a meal. If you'd rather just experience the peace and quiet of Glendo Lakeside RV Park and rest up for tomorrow, that's great too. We've got everything you need right here. You can even check your email!
- Walk the Oregon Trail Ruts National Historic Landmark.
- Hike Laramie Peak Trail at the base of Friend Park.
- Visit Ayres Natural Bridge.
- Attend the Wyoming State Fair!
- Explore Fort Fetterman State Historical Site.
- Visit Fort Laramie National Historic Site.
- Spend the day at Glendo State Park and Reservoir.
- Spend another day at Guernsey State Park and Reservoir.
- Golf! Local courses include Douglas, Guernsey, Wheatland, Glenrock and Lusk.
- Take in a Museum. Choose from Glendo, Glenrock (Paleontological), Guernsey, Torrington, Lusk, Lingle, Douglas, Wheatland.
- Go on a picnic—explore the outdoors.
- There’s plenty of Hiking, Rock Climbing, Stream Fishing, Swimming, Skiing, and Boating. Take your ATV on the Laramie Peak Loop Tour.